Having joined HOP in 1994 after leaving school, Lee progressed through HOP’s sponsored Degree programme; achieving a BEng in Civil Engineering in 2002. He became an Associate Member of the IStructE in 2004, before becoming a fully Chartered Structural Engineer in 2006.
Having watched HOP grow from 6 Technical staff to over 40, Lee has risen from a Trainee Draughtsman to Senior Associate. He is now part of the Senior Management team helping with the day to day running of HOP, as well as being actively involved on a wide range of structural projects from small domestic to large multi-million pound developments.
Lee has over 17 years’ experience in Structural Design from concept to construction stage. A good understanding of building construction, together with an eye for detail enables Lee to provide creative solutions to structural problems. As a keen runner, Lee takes the opportunity to be able to think freely about any structural challenges of a project, to enable a well thought through solution to be designed and presented.
Lee is a governor of his daughter’s school, providing a critical friend role to the school management and staff, as well as providing a way of putting something back into the local community.
Skills and strengths
- A keen understanding of Historic building methods
- A practical eye to develop simple solutions
- Repair and refurbishment of existing buildings
- Temporary structural works designs
- Belief in Team approach to provide holistic solutions and form lasting relationships.
- Leading a team of Engineers and technicians on a multitude of projects
- Imparting knowledge and experience of building construction methods to the younger team members to enhance their understanding
- Early scheme concepts and ideas for discussions with project teams
- Working schemes through to detailed construction issue
- Review of work at key stages within the design process
- Liaising with the greater design team